Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Daily Mall Reader: Christmas Toys

A daily dose of mall-related reading...

Trying to get that old toy feeling again

Detroit Free Press - December 17, 2006

(Excerpt) It's not the little slot cars I miss. Oh, I loved them. I really loved them. They were hot red and hot yellow and you pressed a little controller and you raced them around a track -- until, having pressed the controller too hard, you caused them to go flying out of a curve and onto the floor.

But it's not the cars themselves I miss. It's the feeling they caused. The feeling of anticipation. I was 8 or 9 years old, and a slot car set was my holiday present that year. Somehow I knew it. Maybe I peeked. Maybe my parents told me. Who can remember? All I knew was a brand new slot car set was going to be mine on a certain day at a certain time and I could barely control my excitement.

Read the full article here.



8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{urgentloan22@gmail.com} Thank you.

Mon Jul 17, 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger bamgosoo said...


I surprised with the research you made to create this actual post incredible.
Fantastic job!
Look at my web-site; 부산오피

Sat Jul 03, 09:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Shaw said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. Good luck for the next.

Wed Jan 10, 02:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Baker said...

I’m looking for a good blog site.Im lucky found you and your blog site.

Wed Jan 10, 02:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Wartz said...

Thanks for sharing your thoᥙghts. I trulу apρreciate youг efforts

Wed Jan 10, 02:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Aubrie said...

Like your site. Thank a lot for posting this. I will check here to see new

Wed Jan 10, 02:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Zimmer said...

Very good effectiveness via this valuable blog. I just loved browsing this

Wed Jan 10, 02:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Arman said...

The site style is perfect, the articles is actually nice :D Good job, cheers

Wed Jan 10, 02:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.