Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Daily Mall Reader: Clothing Prices

A daily dose of mall-related reading...

The Climb in Clothing

TIME Magazine - Monday, Dec. 3, 1973

(Excerpt) On top of the rising costs of food, gasoline and rent, inflation-riddled Americans now have still another worry. As the Christmas shopping season begins, prices of clothes and most other textile goods are climbing. A man's cotton dress shirt tagged $12 a year ago is selling for at least $14 this holiday season—if the shopper can find what he wants at all.

An all-silk necktie that went for $7.50 last year is now $12.50. At Manhattan's Saks Fifth Avenue, men's wool suits that sold for $280 earlier this year now cost $310. Presaging a further rise at the retail counters, wholesale apparel prices in October rose 1.7%—the biggest monthly jump since the Korean War year of 1950.

Read the full article here.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! And do you know what a typical men's wool suit would cost you NOWAWDAYS at Saks Fifth Avenue? Heh, it's a lot more than 300 bucks! :D

Wed Dec 20, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{urgentloan22@gmail.com} Thank you.

Mon Jul 17, 03:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Leon said...

Very neat blog. Really thank you! Great article you show us here

Tue Jan 02, 02:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Wolf said...

I truly like your technique of writing a blog. I saved it as my favorite

Tue Jan 02, 02:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Jase said...

Good day very cool blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb

Tue Jan 02, 02:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Gilbert said...

It was definitely informative. Your site is very useful. Thanks for sharing!

Tue Jan 02, 02:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.