Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mall Sign: Haltom Plaza Shopping Center


Haltom City, Texas

Close-up detail of the neon lettering on the entrance sign at Haltom Plaza shopping center. Never heard of this shopping center, never seen it before, but I sure like their sign. This recently-shot image is courtesy of Earthly Possessions' photos on Flickr, and there's also a wider view of the whole sign here. From what I can gather, the Haltom Plaza shopping center itself, dates back to the 1950s, as does its beautiful sign.

See more mall signs here!

Labels: , , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I love old neon signs. Whoever thinks they are outdated or a waste really has no sentimental or creative value in their brains.

Thu Jun 28, 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger Nicholas M. DiMaio said...

Agreed on that point. Many developers these days are getting on the lazy train but tearing them down for cheap "modern" looking boring ones.

The Torrington Parkade in Torrington, CT has a swanky old neon sign that might face an ill-fate to a Lowe's should they decide to rip it down. Here's a shot of it on my Flickr account...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10073060@N00/607762845/in/set-72157600459105897/

Thu Jun 28, 04:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that sign too. It seems like everyday more and more of these disappear and we are left with nothing but photographic memory.

Sat Jun 30, 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up looking at this sign and I still think it is a wonderful thing. I cannot remember the last time it was actually lit up..sometime in the 70's I think. I am so proud that they still have it!

Sat Feb 07, 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.